Links


         

10/4/12

New Domino's Pizza box design


 
A while back I posted about the Domino's Pizza graphic designs, and recently they have updated their box designs. I have to say that I love their design even more now than I did before. With all of the vintage aspects still present, such as the stacked type, the ornaments, and the fonts, I find that the addition of the radial layout is quite stunning. I think it is a much more effective layout than before, as it keeps the text in better order. It was quite clever and sensible to make the design round, as it is the shape of their product as well. While there is a lot of information present on the box, the clearly visible sections make it easy to read. In dividing the sections, the design makes great use of the ornaments and lines. I very much enjoyed the previous design, however, when compared to the new one, I find that the new design is much more readable than the previous. Even though the text runs upside down, it is fun for the viewer to turn the box to read the information giving them more of an experience when reading. There is an overall sense of quality to the design with its detailed illustrations, font choices and ribbon shapes. I love that Domino's returned to their original domino logo with just the domino.

I really respect Domino's Pizza for stepping up their design presence in the past year. They have made some really great, effective designs, and I can't wait to see what they will do with their vintage style next!

No comments:

Post a Comment